My ‘Weekly Roundup’ is where I share the books I have received in the past week, whether bought, gifted, borrowed etc.
- Rage of Angels by Sidney Sheldon – I was reading in the canteen at work the other day, and one of my colleagues approached me and started talking about books. He loves crime, so lent this one to me to read – however, it really doesn’t look like my kind of book, so I’m not sure if I will read it… But it was nice to meet someone at work who is into reading.
- A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness – this took ages to come from the library! I’ve wanted to read it for ages, even more so after finishing the Chaos Walking trilogy.
- Uncanny X-Men: Sisterhood and Marvel Ultimate Origins – so I’ve often moaned about my local library being a bit… well, rubbish. But they do have some good graphic novels! I’ve read both of these ones already, and whilst I gave them both a 3-star rating, I think I preferred Uncanny X-Men. Both confused me slightly, as I haven’t read any other comic books in either series, so was missing out on some important points.
- Neil Gaiman’s Neverwhere: the Graphic Novel by Mike Carey – the only Neil Gaiman book I’ve read is Coraline. I need to correct this.
- Watchmen by Alan Moore – I picked this one up only because I’ve heard a lot of good things about it – it has a LOT of 5 star ratings from my Goodreads friends. Hopefully I’ll agree with them!