Every first Wednesday of the month, I’ll be posting a roundup of the month just gone, and writing about what’s to come in the next few weeks. This is replacing my Exciting New Releases feature, which may be integrated into this one.
I read ten books this month. Dragon Age: The Stolen Throne (Dragon Age #1) by David Gaider, Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles #1) by Marissa Meyer, Every Day by David Levithan, Fire (Graceling #2) by Kristin Cashore, Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass #1) by Sarah J. Maas, Prince of Thorns (Broken Empire #1) by Mark Lawrence, Guardians of Paradise by Jaine Fenn, I Am Venus by Barbara Mujica, The Daylight War (Demon Cycle #3) by Peter V. Brett and Article 5 (Article 5 #1) by Kristen Simmons. Which meant that by the end of September, I had read 68 out of 75 books for the 2013 Reading Challenge!
Reviews on the blog this month:
- Fire (Graceling #2) by Kristin Cashore
- Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass #1) by Sarah J. Maas
- I Am Venus by Barbara Mujica
- The Daylight War (Demon Cycle #3) by Peter V. Brett
Book group related posts:
- I wrote up our thoughts on Ender’s Game and Prince of Thorns.
- We chose Elantris and Ready Player One as Octobers Books of the Month!
Other stuff on the blog:
- I bought a total of eleven books, borrowed six and received two from the publisher.
- I won Anya’s Brandon Sanderson giveaway, and chose Elantris as my prize!
- I joined Leanne’s Horror October event, and The Journey Home, a celebration of the Lumatere Chronicles hosted by Charlene and Paola.
- I started a new science fiction and fantasy based challenge.
- I posted my first Fantasy Friday post, a new feature that I’m hosting every two weeks. The next will be this Friday.
- I updated my readers on Sci-Fi Month, which is coming in November – and you’re more than welcome to join in!
- A couple of reviews, including Every Day by David Levithan and Aphrodite: Goddess of Love by George O’Connor.
- My Horror October posts, every Tuesday this month! My schedule is here.
- My account of the Cheltenham Literature Festival – this weekend I’ll be seeing/meeting David Levithan, Sarah J. Maas, Maureen Johnson, Patrick Ness and Meg Rosoff, then Mary Beard next Sunday!
4 thoughts on “Monthly Roundup: September 2013”
Busy lady!! 🙂
This month is going to be craaaazy. So many posts to write for next month!
BE PREPARED. I just finished Crown of midnight and sdfaegawefsdafsa. It broke me, haha.
I FINISHED IT YESTERDAY AND I JUST… there were so many shocks and surprises!