Thanks to Ashley at Creative Whim, I am now using self-hosted WordPress rather than Blogger! I’ve been wanting to transfer my blog over for ages, due to Blogger’s horrible, horrible editor and general rubbish-ness. So if the site looks a little funky over the next week or so, that’s why. I’ve also bought Ashley’s amazing Ultimate Book Blogger Plugin, which I’m integrating into the site. Pages might not work for a bit, links might send you the wrong way, posts may look a little odd, but I’m working on neatening everything up! My reviews will also be inaccessible until I add them to the main UBB database (so more and more will gradually appear each day!).
Once the posts are all sorted, I’ll be sorting the layout out properly. I’m sticking with these colours (and the space theme!) but it’ll be less plain. Here’s what I’ve got coming up this month on the blog:
- normal weekly features will resume
- an interview with Jordan Jacobs, author of the Samantha Sutton series (and an archaeologist!)
- an interview with Jamie Baywood, a travel writer
- several reviews including The Heavens Rise, Bellman and Black, The Bookstore, Samantha Sutton and the Winter of the Warrior Queen, and a beautiful illustrated copy of The Hobbit
- various discussions – I thought up plenty of ideas during Sci-Fi Month
- and finally, a new feature!
So please just bear with me whilst I finish the transition, I’m so excited to finally be using WordPress! It’s insane how even this little post was a whole lot easier to write than anything on Blogger. I’m also using the move as a chance to do a little ‘spring cleaning’ and updating (perhaps a few months early!) And finally, another shout out to the awesome Ashley for transferring my blog, creating the Ultimate Book Blogger Plugin and also the Tweak Me theme! To top it all off, she’s not only a talented designer, but also a fellow book blogger!