Last year I shared my bookish New Year’s Resolutions for 2015, so I thought I’d do the same this year! Let me know if you have any resolutions, bookish or not, in the comments below.
- Finally get round to the books I’ve been meaning to re-read. I’ve already taken a step towards this by announcing some planned read-alongs.
- Get my Netgalley ratio over 80% – or even to 100%… It’s currently sat at 77%, so I’m close!
- Do not worry about quantity of books read, but focus on quality. I always aim to read at least 100 books a year, but that shouldn’t be the most important thing. Instead, I should aim to read books that truly appeal, rather than picking up shorter/quicker reads just to up the number.
- Although… I would also like to reach 1000 books marked as ‘read’ on Goodreads. However, this should be pretty easy as I’ve only got 20 or so to go.
- Make more use of the Goodreads recommendations feature. Because, you know, I already don’t have ENOUGH books to read. But I’ve noticed that Goodreads chooses some really fantastic books for me based on my shelves, so why not use it more?
- Make some progress with my Classics Challenge. This is a lifelong challenge so there’s no rush, but I’ve barely made a dent in it since starting.
- Get back into the swing of commenting on other blogs. I was really dedicated during Sci-Fi Month, but other than that I’ve been slacking on comments.
- Keep blogging!