As many of you probably know, The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien is one of my absolute favourite books – I even wrote a post about how much I love it. I normally read it once a year, and have done since the age of 10, but have missed the past few years. I’ve been planning a buddy read of the books with my Goodreads book group, Dragons & Jetpacks, and thought I’d use the occasion to create an event on the blog.
Therefore, the month of March will be dedicated to celebrating Tolkien and his works set in Middle-earth!
I’m not planning on the event being quite as intense or huge as Sci-Fi Month, but I’d love for others to join in! Also unlike Sci-Fi Month, my blog won’t be filled with only content relating to this – I’ll still be posting other things. Right now the only post I know I will have for sure is my The Fellowship of the Ring read-along/discussion, but here are some ideas for posts (as much as for myself as for those who want to take part!):
- Read-alongs of Tolkien’s work set in Middle-earth (or join in with my Buddy Read!)
- Reviews of Tolkien’s works, or works of those who have listed him as an inspiration
- Discussions of film adaptations
- A look at the various video games based in Middle-earth
- Discussions of Tolkien’s influence on the fantasy genre or other authors, or what he himself was influenced by
- Discussions of the inhabitants of Middle-earth
If you’re interested in joining, please leave a comment on this post and add your name to the Linky below!