My ‘Weekly Roundup’ is where I share the books I have received in the past week, whether bought, gifted, borrowed etc.
- Partials by Dan Wells – this was 99p in the Kindle Store, and it’s been on my ‘to read’ list for a while now. Dan Wells actually took part in Sci-Fi Month, as Nara actually interviewed him for the event!
I seriously, seriously suck at this not requesting everything from Netgalley thing…
- Sheltered Volume One by Ed Brisson & John Christmas – I like dystopia. I like graphic novels. Ergo, I will probably like this.
- Red Sonja Volume One: Queen of Plagues by Gail Simone & Walter Geovanni – apparently a reimagining/reboot of the original character, which I know nothing about. But graphic novels! Swords and sorcery! Yay!
- Mass Effect: Foundation by Mac Walters – if you know me, you know I’m a little bit obsessed with Mass Effect, and read all the books based on the series that I can get my hands on, despite them not often being very good. Well I’ve actually already read this one and it’s possibly the best so far – review to come shortly.
- The Troop by Nick Cutter – this sounds like a super creepy version of Lord of the Flies, which I had to read in school and really enjoyed. When I got approved for this book I went to download it and found out it had been archived, which puzzled me – but then it appeared back on the site so luckily my ratio shouldn’t get messed up (or… any more messed up…)
- After the Silence by Jake Woodhouse – I wanted to read more books set in the Netherlands, so here we are! This might not be the best book to read though, as it’s about murders…
- The Unseemly Education of Anne Merchant by Joanna Wiebe – this has a very strange mix of DNFs and five star reviews on Goodreads… I’ll just have to read it myself and find out!