My ‘Weekly Roundup’ is where I share the books I have received in the past week, whether bought, gifted, borrowed etc.
A day late this week, but at least I’ve actually gotten round to posting it! This, ladies and gentlemen, is why charity shops are bad for me:
£4.10 for all of these.
- The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle – so I already have this on the Kindle but I prefer real books. And it’s a cool cover!
- Death of Kings (The Saxon Stories #6) by Bernard Cornwell – apparently this is the sixth in the series but nevermind! I always need more historical fiction. Anglo-Saxon England has always fascinated me – I did my A Level History coursework on it – but I just don’t know loads about it.
- Nightrise (The Power of Five #3) by Anthony Horowitz – I’ve wanted to read this series for a while, and have the first two books so bought this one too. I think the fourth one is currently only in hardback?
- The Fry Chronicles by Stephen Fry – because he is awesome. That is all.
- Bitterblue (Graceling Realm #3) by Kristin Cashore – I picked this up because it looked pretty, and then I realised it’s a sequel to a book that I want to read (Graceling). I know I haven’t yet read the first two in the series, but I plan to, and since this was only 50p I grabbed it!
As for other book related news since my last post: I finished The Fault in Our Stars by John Green and sobbed. A lot. I also read The Great Gatsby today, as I plan on watching the new film adaptation, and I like to read the book first.