This is where I share the books I have received in the past week, whether bought, gifted, borrowed etc.
- Doctor Who: The Feast of the Drowned by Stephen Cole – I love Doctor Who, and I spotted this in the library today, so I thought I’d give it a go. This is a Ten/Rose novel.
- Doctor Who: The Many Hands by Dale Smith – Same as above, but this one is Ten/Martha.
- Insurgent (Divergent #2) by Veronica Roth – I own Divergent, and really quite enjoyed it – I’m sure you’ve heard the hype! I wanted to buy Insurgent, but since I can’t find it second hand locally and I don’t want to buy it brand new as I’m trying to save money, I ordered it from the library and picked it up today.
- The Gathering Dark (The Grisha #1) by Leigh Bardugo – I just spotted this in the library today, and the cover made me pick it up. They’ve obviously just gotten it in, and it was only published a few months ago.
- Company of Liars by Karen Maitland – I found this in the local charity shop for 50p, brand new. I have Maitland’s other book, The Owl Killers (which I still haven’t read…), but the covers combined with the setting made me snap them up. I’m really in the mood for some historical fiction at the moment so I think I’ll be reading this one soon!
- Burning Embers by Hannah Fielding – Hannah held a competition on her website to win her book and an Amazon giftcard, and I was one of the lucky winners! Thank you, Hannah!
- Percy Jackson and the Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #4) by Rick Riordan – I’ve already read all the Percy Jackson books and I really enjoyed them, because I love Greek mythology. I borrowed them all off of a friend, so I’ve been trying to build up my own collection. So far I have half of them, all from charity shops. This one cost 40p for the hardback.
That’s all for this week, no e-books as I’m trying to get through my to review list – although it didn’t stop me from buying/borrowing physical copies! Whoops…